Seems our elected officials have opted for the $700 billion bailout. I should have failed in business. Would have been more profitable in the long run.
But enough of that. At least your money is safe–if it’s in a Credit Union.
Cars, oh yeah–
Guess what? The dealers with the multi-million dollar inventories are starting to call. Subarus below invoice. Used cars below wholesale, etc, etc. Not a bad time to buy if you’re looking.
Let’s talk hybrids. The straight scoop is they don’t save you money. In the true “cost to own” derby from Edmunds the Prius comes in 34th. Why? Currently there is a Prius shortage, so the price is artificially high.
Next is gas prices and consumption. How many miles do you have to drive to make up the $4000(+-) premium for the hybrid? The answer is lots–
Go to http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/gas-guzzler.html to see if you are really going to save money.
I’m not anti-hybrid, I am pro-green (green as in money)–spend yours wisely.
Remember Auto Solution and your Credit Union will save you money on the purchase and financing of your next vehicle.
And just to lighten it up a little, here are the top 10 ways to tell if you need a new car:
10. Your passenger seat is on the National Register of Historic Places.
9. Instead of an air bag, there is a whoopee cushion taped to your steering wheel.
8. You lose the stoplight challenge to a 14 year old on a moped.
7. 15 Minute Jiffy Lube needs to keep your car for 3 days.
6. When you gas up, the attendant asks, “Can I re-duct tape that windshield for you?”
5. Thieves repeatedly break in your car just to steal “The Club.”
4. While sitting at a stop light, people keep running up to you and asking if anyone was hurt in that wreck.
3. For the last five years, you’ve had to settle for making “vroom, vroom” noises while in the driveway.
2. You keep losing dates on left turns.
1. Traffic reporters start referring to you by name when discussing morning tie-ups.